There have been times when we’ve wished we could get the audio out of a video. A video’s audio cannot be extracted easily from it, however.
Professional video or audio editing tools are needed in order to extract audio from a video. Although they are pretty powerful, professional audio and video editing tools are relatively costly.
Although you can download a free video editing tool, you must first learn to use the entire tool to extract audio. How about if I said you could extract audio from any video without the use of any professional tools?
4 Best Ways to Extract Audio From Video On Windows 10
It is possible to extract audio from a video by using various free online apps. Several of the best methods to separate audio from a video are covered in this article. Let’s look at the check-out process.
1. Using Online Audio Converter Tool
A website called Online Audio Converter allows you to convert audio files. It is also capable of playing video files. This means we can use it to capture any video’s audio. The Online Audio Converter Tool for Windows 10 is very easy to use. Just follow some of the simple steps below.
- First of all, visit this webpage from your computer.
- Next, select the video on your computer from which you wish to extract the audio.
- Please choose your output formats, such as MP3, FLAC, or WAV.
- Afterward, click the ‘Convert‘ button to download and save your converted file.
- That’s it! Congratulations, you’re done. How to separate audio from video using the Online Audio Converter tool.
2. Using Audacity
Popular software for editing and recording digital audio, Audacity. You can also find some useful features in Audacity besides just converting videos to audio. Editing audio files, applying effects, and more is possible with Audacity. Using Audacity to extract video audio is explained here.
- The first thing you need is Audacity installed on your PC. Start the application once you have finished.
- To extract audio from a video file, select ‘Import‘ on the left-hand side of the screen.
- After the video is selected, you can export only audio from that part.
- The next step is to select ‘Export’ from the file menu.
- Select the format you want to export the audio file from the Export context menu. These include MP3, WAV, OCG, and others.
- Click on the “Save” button after selecting the location where the audio file is to be stored.
- It’s that simple! The task is complete. Video files can now be converted into Audacity audio files.
3. Using VLC Media Player
Using VLC Media Player to convert video to audio (MP3)
Despite its odd placement on the list, VLC Media player extracts audio from any video. You don’t have to use any web apps or video converter tools to separate audio and video if you’re using VLC on your PC.
VLC Media Player has already been used to convert video to audio in a detailed guide. If you want to know more about this process, please see the article – How to Convert Video to Audio (MP3) with VLC Media Player.
4. Online Converter
You can also convert audio from the video at Online Converter. All other tools on the web are far more complicated than Online Converter. There are only two buttons on the user interface – one for upload and another for download.
- Using a desktop web browser, visit Online Converter first.
- You can now select a video file by clicking the upload button.
- In order to begin the video conversion, click on the ‘Convert‘ button.
- You will be able to download the MP3 file as soon as it is converted.
- That’s all there is to it! Congratulations, you’re done. The following steps will demonstrate how you can retrieve audio from a video
- using Online Converter.